Built in Germany in 1895, our 'Kaiser' Stereoscopic Panorama Theatre is one of
only three or four anywhere in the world. It is the only one which operates all day, every day.
It can be seen as an early version of cinema, in which the audience is provided
with a number of changing images of the world. It seats 25 and has some 50
three dimensional slides viewed through eyepieces. They show the world as it
was at the end of the nineteenth century giving a virtual 'Grand Tour'.
Our Kaiser Panorama Theatre was once owned by a Mr. Forester and is dated
20th April 1895. It was last used as a complete unit in Gawler 1910 and his
son, Mr. Forester Jun. used the lenses to make boxed penny machines, which
travelled the country until 1940 - the last show he gave being in Tasmania.